CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Welcome Home Baby Girl

On Sunday Nov 9th we left Grandmommie and Papa's house to come to our house - finally Lucie got to see her house, her room, her bed. Exciting! I think she was in sensory overload. She was looking at everything in every room, just looking around while she was sucking her thumb. Grandmommie and Papa came and spent the night with us. OK, I admit it - I begged them to as I was nervous about being in my house alone with Lucie for the first time. It's a good thing I did too. Lucie was overwhelmed by it all, as well as it being her 4th home in less than two weeks, on top of being really sick. She did ok for a while and then had a total melt down. It was a long night and none of us got much sleep. I was glad to have Grandmommie and Papa's help.

On Monday, Grandmommie stayed a while to help us get settled. What a great Grandmommie she is! Cousin J came for lunch and we all had a really nice visit. And then Lucie and I were on our own. Monday night Lucie developed a really bad cough - a dry cough that went on and on and sounded like she was choking. It scared me to death. She was still coughing Tuesday morning so back to the doctor we went! That was another first - me driving Lucie with her in a rear facing seat. I'm going to have to learn how to coordinate all of these things. This time I did it badly - I put her in her carseat before I had finished putting everything else in the car and yes, we had a total meltdown. I ended up sitting in the back seat with her in the garage feeding her a bottle (she can't hold one by herself yet) to calm her down so we could leave for the doctor's office. Dr. L put her on a different antibiotic for her upper respiratory issues, and one that would continue helping her ear infection which was better but not yet gone. I was also pleased that Lucie has gained a little weight. I was surprised last Friday at her weight - I had thought she was 17 pounds according to the Viet Namese doctors, but last Friday at our pediatrician's office she weighed only 15 lbs 11 ounces. No wonder she seems so tiny - she is! Anyway, yesterday at the doctor's office she weighed 16 pounds. I can tell that her little cheeks are filling out and she seems to have grown a lot just in the past few days.

Grandmommie is here right now watching Lucie so I can catch up on a few things. I wish I had been filming when Grandmommie walked through the door. I was feeding Lucie her lunch when the door opened and when Lucie saw Grandmommie she squealed and had the biggest smile and started moving her arms and legs in excitement. It had been two days since she had seen Grandmommie, but she definitely still remembers her :) Papa also came over and the four of us had a nice lunch, and then Papa left to do his errands while Grandmommie stayed to help me for a little while.

Today Lucie is definitely feeling better. She is still rubbing at her ears, so I know they are bothering her. She is also not sleeping well. Yesterday she went from 5:30 in the morning all the way to 5:00pm without a nap. Then we both slept from 5pm til 1:15 am and we've been up since then. Dr. L says it may take us a month to get over the jet lag and have some kind of routine. I hope we can do it sooner than that :)

Today we have been back in the states for a week and Lucie has been part of our family for two weeks and two days. I am still in wonder at it all, and yet it all seems just right! Life is good.




























































































































Playing with Cousin J.



















1 comments:

Unknown said...

Dearest Sister Lisa! Love to see Lucie is getting bigger everyday! With lots of love from Hong Kong! Sister Siddal