CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy 14 Month Birthday Lucie!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Today Lucie is 14 months old, and we have been together for a few days less than 4 months. In some ways the past 4 months feel like they have passed in the blink of an eye and in other ways it feels like Lucie and I have been together forever. I really don't remember what my life was like before Lucie! One pre-Lucie thing that I do miss is being able to take a long leisurely hot bath. Not that I did it all that often pre-Lucie, maybe once every few months. But right now it sure would feel good!
Lucie is developing and adjusting well. She is learning lots of new things all the time. Healthwise we've had some bumps in the road, but we are on the right road now and I am certainly counting our blessings. She hasn't gained any weight in a while, but she was pretty sick for a while there and was not eating well. Also she has gotten a little taller so it may be that her weight has to catch up to that. I'm trying not to worry about the weight and she looks healthy to me and even has some little fat rolls on her arms and legs. She stills mostly wears 6-9 month clothes. My mom says she is just going to be a petite girl.
Lucie continues to love her books and reads a lot by herself as well as asks Grandmommie or Papa or me to read to her. She "asks" by getting a book and physically putting it in our hand, and then looking up at us expectantly, and then how can you resist that face? Lucie can now identify eyes, nose, mouth, tongue, ears, head, hands and feet - on herself, on you, on Curious George, etc. Grandmommie taught her this and it is one of her newest things so we do it over and over and over - even when we get in bed for the night. I've had my eye poked many times now.... This morning something funny happened to us while I was driving Lucie to Grandmommie and Papa's house for the day. We were in our car, stopped at a red light. I looked over to my right and there were two young men in a van, maybe painters. They were smiling and waving and I thought, are those guys flirting with me? Then I looked in my rear view mirror and Lucie was in her seat laughing and waving just as hard as she could to those guys. I don't know who started it - probably Lucie. Such a silly little flirt!









2 comments:

Jill said...

She is so cute! So glad she is doing well.

Unknown said...

Ma Ma Lisa! Lucie is so special and sweet, she is your best honey in this world. You just want to kiss her all the time! Miss you! Your sister from Hong Kong!