CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Baabaa

January 31, 2009
Lucie is doing better. Tonight she even ate some spaghettio's for dinner. Yippee - she finally ate a good meal. It has been days since she has and I've been getting worried.
No pics today, but I do have a couple of cute stories. Earlier this week Lucie was watching Curious George on tv. We were in the living room. Lucie crawled into the kitchen, got her stuffed Curious George and crawled back to the living room so that they could watch Curious George on tv together. I should have gotten a picture of them watching together. I guess I need to start carrying my camera around with me at all times.
Lucie has been taking naps this week I guess because she has been so sick. I hope the idea of naps continues even after she is completely well. Today, after the two of us took a nice long two hour nap (heaven!) I gave her a snack of jello, a biter biscuit and a bottle. I had her in her high chair but didn't have the tray on, so I set her bottle on the kitchen bar, behind her high chair. Lucie was saying what I thought was Papa, and I kept telling her that Papa was not here, Papa was at his house. After several attempts at trying to get me to understand what she was saying, she threw her hand in the air and pointed up over her head and behind her to where her bottle was and said Baabaa. So of course I immediately gave her her Baabaa and could tell that is what she wanted. I guess those biter biscuits are kind of dry aren't they?
Lucie does point at things, but now if she wants you to look at something she will take her hand and pull your face to the direction she wants you to look. Sometimes it is one hand, sometimes both hands on either side of your face. It is funny and I always end up laughing at her when she does it to me over and over - and over! I tried to do it to her once and she got mad at me.
Two new words today - "more" and something that sounds like "banana". I can't remember now exactly how she said it but it was while I was trying to get her to eat some banana for breakfast.
It's time for some new pictures, isn't it? Maybe I'll get some on Sunday....

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Hi Lisa. I love the posts you've done recently. Little Lucie is growing so fast! :) We missed you this morning, and said a special prayer for Lucie and for you.