CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

What I Did On My Leave

February 1, 2009
It seems like I've had Lucie a lifetime already, but my leave has passed in the blink of an eye. I've been off for three months now, and it is time to go back to work tomorrow (oops - today already). I am so grateful that I work for a company with such great benefits - I was able to take adoption leave and tack on unused vacation days for a total of three months off. I needed this time. We needed this time. It has been a time of recovering from jet lag, adjusting to each other, dealing with medical issues, dealing with administrative issues, and most importantly just getting to know each other and loving each other. This time off was a once in a lifetime event. In the beginning it seemed like it was the longest time ever, and I had grand plans of all that I was going to do. I was going to get this baby, finish some renovation work on my house that I worked on for the past year, keep up with work, keep a perfect house, blah, blah, blah. What a joke. So now I sit here and wonder -what did I do while I was on leave for three months????

Got Lucie! Spent almost two weeks in Viet Nam and traveling there and back.

Diapers Changed - 500+

Bottles of Formula Fixed - 100+

Trash Collected - A large bag every day, excluding diapers. I still can't figure this one out. Where did/does all the trash come from? Baby food does not take up all that much room.

Meals - At least 270 hours. Every meal takes a good hour. This has been a challenge for me as I am used to doing everything quickly.

Rocking Lucie in Glider - Probably well over 100 hours.

Weight Gained - Lucie gained almost 2 pounds. She weighed 15 pounds at her first doctor visit, and now weighs 16 pounds 13 ounces. Mommie lost 10 pounds, and then gained it all back.

Inches Gained - Lucie grew 1/4 of an inch. From 27 1/2 inches long to 27 3/4 inches. This doesn't seem like much, but I can tell the difference in her clothes. Mommie got shorter by 1/2 of an inch. OK, I can't figure this one out either. I'm too young to be shrinking already.

Doctor & Dentist Visits - 21!! Lucie had 14 - checkups, immunizations, ear infections, ear tubes, etc. Mommie had 7 - dentist, dermatology (folks wear your sun screen and hats - I'm already being treated for pre-cancerous stuff on my ears and my nose), physical.

Shopping for Baby Stuff - things I realized I needed after I got home, baby food, diapers, etc. - ???? hours. By the way, Lucie LOVES to go shopping. Uh oh.....

Legal Stuff - Added Lucie to my benefits; got Lucie's social security number; filed request for legal name change with my local courthouse.

Hugs and Kisses - Too many to count!!

This is Lucie's referral photo - the first picture I saw of her in June 2008, when I found out who my baby was!














Lucie Today!

0 comments: