CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

13 Months Old Today

January 25, 2009


Lucie is 13 months old today - and she has finally figured out how to get into the kitchen cabinets. She has been playing with the doors/drawers ever since we got home, but hadn't quite figured out how to open them wide. Oh what fun we are having now! I have safety latches on them, but had not been keeping them latched since she hadn't figured out how to open them. Those days are gone....


I've been thinking about what changes have occurred in the past three months. I got Lucie when she was a few days older than 10 months and today she is 13 months old. She was just a tiny ball when I got her, and she clung to me like she was never going to let go. She has certainly blossomed in three months.



What Lucie is Saying:

  1. Mama
  2. Papa
  3. Grandmommie
  4. Uh Oh (when she drops something, but more often when she throws it down)
  5. Jungle
  6. Pretty
  7. Thank You (sounds like Hey Hoo, but always said at very appropriate times so she knows what she is saying)
  8. Bye Bye
  9. God
  10. Hi (over and over again - this is too cute)
  11. Baa (for bottle)
  12. Ho Ho (what Santa says)
  13. Oof Oof (what the doggie says)
  14. Mooo, or sometimes just Mmmm (what the cow says)
  15. Cack Cack (what the duck says - this is the first word she said after Mama)
  16. Ooooww (what the kitty cat says)
  17. Various Family and Friends' Names
  18. Aaahhh (to open her mouth to let me see that she has swallowed what she is eating)

13 Things I Love About Lucie:

  1. I love the way she smells.
  2. I love the silky feel of her hair.
  3. I love the way she snuggles up to me when we sleep together.
  4. I love the way she hugs me, and puts her cheek on mine.
  5. I love her deep belly laugh when she gets tickled about something.
  6. I love the pure look of joy on her face when she has done something new and she knows it.
  7. I love it when she does the hulk.
  8. I love her pretty little lips and fingers and hands - she's like a doll.
  9. I love the way her eyes sparkle and the way they crinkle up when she is laughing - or about to let out a big wail.
  10. I love it when she comes to wherever I am and wraps her arms around my legs.
  11. I love watching her sing karaoke in her microphone.
  12. I love watching her read her books, flipping the pages and really looking like she is reading (even if the book is upside down :).
  13. I love the way she squirms with happiness when I pick her up.
































0 comments: