CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Eating Eggs and Mowing the Kitchen Floor

January 6, 2009

Lucie is in a bit of a transition with her eating now. When I got her in Viet Nam, she had only been eating formula and rice water. We started her on cereal and baby food right away. Now she wants to eat whatever I am eating, but the problem is that she still has trouble chewing and swallowing. Sometimes I let her lick whatever I am eating so she can get a taste of it. I've started breaking my food into little pieces to see if she can eat them. This morning I decided to scramble some eggs and let Lucie try them to see if she likes them. I've also been letting her play with a spoon while I am feeding her, so she can get used to handling it herself. Sometimes I'll put a little food on her spoon to see if she can feed herself with the spoon. Let's just say she's got some work to do on that...

Today I was on a work phone call and lo and behold Lucie stood up behind her push mower and started mowing the kitchen floor. I about dropped the phone I was so excited. I interrupted the person I was on a call with to tell her what my wonderfully smart baby was doing. Hee hee. I got a movie of her mowing and as soon as I figure out how to post a movie clip you can see her in action for yourself :)

Here is Lucie with her spoon and her eggs. Most of the eggs ended up on the floor and I'm always amazed at how far from the chair food can get thrown. We are working on table manners now...

0 comments: