CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

Bitten By the Bug

January 28 - 30, 2009

If you've followed this blog at all you will know that I have gotten woefully behind. The last time I was up-to-date was on Christmas Day! My card reader broke, and then somehow I just couldn't seem to find the time. With Lucie not taking naps during the day, middle of the night is the only time I can get anything done.

When I first created this blog it was for those at home to follow our journey to Viet Nam to get Lucie. Since then I've decided to try and keep it up, as a journal. This is Lucie's story and hopefully someday she will enjoy reading it. So, does this mean I am really a blogger now? I think I've been bitten by the blogging bug. I just need to do a better job of keeping up with my posts.
So, Tuesday night I stayed up until around 3am trying to catch up on a month's worth of updates. I am sleeping in Lucie's room in a double bed next to her crib. When I decided to call it quits on the blogging for the night and go to bed, this is how I found Lucie. She often wakes up in the wee hours and wants to get in bed with me, and then she sleeps soundly through the rest of the night. I figured that she had waked up and when she saw that I was not in bed, she just fell asleep in the corner closest to the bed. She looks so pitiful. Anyhow, just two hours later she woke me up and she was burning up. She had a temp of 103.5. It continued to rise throughout the day and around 24 hours later reached a peak of 104.8. I was scared to death. My mom came up to help me - we had Lucie in the bathtub a couple of times, and did a lot of walking and rocking. On Thursday at the pediatrician's office Lucie was confirmed with Influenza Type A. So in the picture, was she just missing me or was it that she had been bitten by the flu bug? She is doing better today, but still not eating and not drinking too much. Today she did eat some yogurt and some ice cream - two of her favorite things. She has just been miserable - I hate seeing her this way. We are over the worst of it and I hope she continues to improve quickly!

0 comments: