CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Thorough Check Up

December 18, 2008
Today I took Lucie back to the doctor as she has been running a fever off and on, and it seems to be higher than it should just from teething. Her ears are still red and we are worried that she is getting another ear infection. Our pediatrician says we might have to get ear tubes. We also drew blood to do a battery of tests. Boy was that fun. I was holding her body down, one nurse was holding her arm and the second nurse was drawing the blood. Of course Lucie was screaming through the whole process, which was drawn out because they had to get blood from several locations (arm, hand, foot - ugh). I was crying the whole time, but I was also talking to Lucie trying to get her to calm down. I asked her what the duck says and in the midst off her screaming she did the hand motion for the duck's quack. We both survived. Since then we've gotten results from all the tests and almost everything has come back negative or good, which is really awesome news. Her platelets are low and I'm not exactly sure what that means, but apparently it can happen when you are sick so I'm hoping it is because of the ear infections Lucie has had for so long. So, we have to go back for more blood in a few weeks. Not looking forward to that.

0 comments: