CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Lucie's Visit to the Pediatrician

December 9th - We've been home five weeks now, and this was our 4th visit to see our favorite pediatrician Dr. L. We went to get Lucie's ears checked and to begin immunizations. Lucie's ears are still red, but not terribly infected like they were. We aren't going to give her more antibiotics and we're hoping they will continue to improve on their own. Lucie got five immunizations in three shots. It's interesting that they can combine some of them. I had a hard enough time keeping my emotions controlled when Lucie was screaming while having her ears examined, and then when she got her shots the floodgates opened. Whoo! I didn't expect that at all - it just happened. Those huge needles going into her little legs. I hated it. And then I kept crying all day whenever I thought about it again. We are also doing a complete blood workup on her, so that means another trip to the hospital and more needle sticks. I'm working up my nerve to get that done. I'm looking forward to getting all of this done so we can know exactly where Lucie is healthwise. From all appearances, she is a healthy baby and is adjusting well. She now weighs 16 pounds 7 ounces. She lost weight from our last visit three weeks ago - not much, but it concerns me more that she did not gain any weight. Dr. L said it was probably because she was so sick with her ear infections and upper respiratory infection. In the past few days since her immunizations she hasn't felt like eating much either. I hope to get her back on track with eating well soon! You can probably figure this out - the picture below is before the shots....



0 comments: