CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 8, 2008

A Nice Quiet Day at Home - Mostly

Lucie and I had planned to go to Sunday School and Church today, but we got home so late last night, and it was such a big outing going to the party, that we were both exhausted. So, we stayed home for a quiet day. We played with Lucie's puzzles and interactive toys. I introduced her to flash cards for numbers, alphabet, animals, etc. She is more interested in playing with them than listening to what they are but maybe something will sink in. I changed the sheets on the bed I've been sleeping on in Lucie's room - first time in the month we've been home. Yuck! The clean sheets will feel good tonight. Anyway, while I was taking the sheets off the bed I put Lucie in her crib to play. She had the best time talking and singing to herself in the mirror, and then she started patting the mirror and kissing it. Too funny! The pictures aren't half as funny as actually seeing her do it. This afternoon we went for a walk in our neighborhood. The orphanage told us I needed to make sure Lucie got 15 minutes of filtered sunlight every day. Ha! Well it has been so cold that I haven't taken her out for walks like I thought I would be doing. So today I decided to bundle her up and take her out. I had her so bundled up that she was sweating when we got home. We had a nice walk and she had a nice nap on the way :) Auntie L and Cousin M surprised us and came for a visit this afternoon - and we had another photo shoot of Lucie with her Viet Namese hats on in front of our Christmas - and then we went out for Mexican. Yummy!































































































































































































































0 comments: